I wish that I could always find them in this condition. This is a George Fuller, London made shotgun circa 1874. I can date it fairly accurately as it has an 1873 patent forend and pre 1875 proof marks. George Fuller died in around 1880. Most of his guns were muzzle loaders. The inscription on the top rib of this gun reads as follows: 'George Fuller Maker to H.R.H. The Late Prince Consort 3, Waterloo Road Late of 280, Strand London'. The inscription takes over one third of the length of the top rib. Apart from having been nitro proofed at a later date, this gun is more or less as it left Fuller's shop.

George Fuller was a well respected member of the London gun trade and I think that this gun is the equal of anything being turned out by the best Makers of that period. I shoot this gun occasionaly and it is a pleasure to use.

I know someone who is researching guns made by this Maker and would welcome details of any other guns out there. If you have a Fuller gun and would like to share information about it I would gladly pass your information on. Thanks. Lagopus.....