No person is an island Lowell. My smallest farm is over 200 acres and the largest is over 600 acres. Most areas that I hunt have no chance of the shot ever leaving my property. But the tree huggers know best how to safe guard me from all risk. The nanny state makes it every increasingly harder to do want you want with land that is your own.

I had one "State Official" tell me that I did not own the shoreline, that it was "state property" and I was not allowed to do anything with it with out their permission. Funny how they wanted to tax me for it just like I owned it. So I deeded a narrow strip over to a "not for profit charity" which was tax exempt. Made my waterfront proterty into water view property and forced the government to lower my tax bill by thousands of dollars. They took it to court and lost. Claimed that because I kept a right of way and simple easement that they should still be able to tax me at the higher assessed value. Judge and jury so no. Thought that they were going to crap bricks. Bright day for me I have got to tell you.

Lead was banned from waterfowl because the "endangered" birds were thought to be at risk because of it. Same was the case for the complete ban of DDT 40 years ago. This week it was anounced that DDT is being brought back because it is very effective in insect and pest control and the use of it will same many thousands of lives in the third world.

The last time I saw a Bald Eagle, back east on my farm, it was eating a dead chicken that had been removed after they came to get all the chickens. This one died that day and was left to be removed with the crust manure. When it was spread in the feild it is fair game for vultures or other "birds of prey". This one was being eaten by a Bald Eagle. Some national symbol. Just a vulture with a good paint job.

Lead will be banned in the next 30-50 years unless we get real smart. How about some chemist figuring out how to coat the pellets with someting that makes it disoulve in water or a plastic to seal it so it is inert after shot? Or just make the use of it a taxed thing, opps it is already. What is not anymore?