Hello to all,

This is my first post here. My name is Chris and I am primarily an edged weapons collector. Anyway, I am writing to request assistance in identifying the maker and if possible the date of manufacture of this WWII bringback Drilling.

What research I have been able to conduct (mostly cobbled together from reading posts on this forum) seems to indicate it is chambered for 16 ga. and the 67/49 refers to the bore size of the rifle barrel (though as I understand it, this would translate to a .410 bore?), and that based on the proof marks it was likely made between 1891 and 1912.

The shotty barrels are etched with an anchor (superimposed over a letter) over an Imperial eagle around which is written "PRIMA WITTENER GEWEHR LAUF STUHL," which I understand translates to "prime Wittener rifle barrel steel." Underneath the eagle on the left barrel is written "MONOPOL" and underneath the eagle on the right barrel is written "DRILLING."

"MONOPOL DRILLING" is also engraved on the forend lever. Is this the manufacturer (I have searched but found nothing mentioning "MONOPOL")? Also, is there any significance to the anchor stamps? I ask as along with the Drilling was a naval officer's sword that dates to somewhere between the late-19th Century and WWI (pre-Weimar Republic)...

I have taken photographs of the proof marks and barrel etchings/stamps and am attaching them below (sized in accordance with forum rules). Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.

Rgds,

Chris

Action, barrels, & forend lever:

Proof marks: