Hi Raimey,

Thank you once again for your input and the wealth of information... No such luck with regards to having any Scherping-marked edged weapons. My German collection is rather quite thin, most items having been sold off some time ago to help pay for new acquisitions, and at present I only have 4-5 makers represented, e.g., WKC, (Robert) Klaas, (Anton)Wingen, Eickhorn, and D. Peres - all relatively common makers...

Regarding the anchors, the letter over which the anchor is superimposed differs on each barrel. On the right barrel it is a "Z." I am unable to decipher what the letter is under the anchor on the left barrel.

Regarding the mark underneath the "67/49," it lacks any discernible detail. It is circular in form, but I am unable to make out any definition within the circle, even with a 20x loupe (Maybe a light strike? Or a casting flaw?). There is however another "888," this one stamped into the rifle barrel.

I'm not sure what all is involved in having a chamber cast made - if it requires the work of a gun smith, the one local to me - as good as he may be - takes his time in completing any work (I am still awaiting the return of a sporterized Mauser I dropped off over a year ago).

Anyway, thank you once again, and I will look forward to any additional information you might be able to share with me regarding the identity of the manufacturer. If I can provide you with any additional photos - of the action or any of the markings - please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

Chris