Originally Posted By: apachecadillac
Mark--

My Smith & Wesson 20 ga. weighs in at 6 lbs. 6 ozs, with an English stock and 26" barrels. IMHO, it's a field gun, not a game gun knockoff. It has blued barrels, like, wkburns'. But if you go to the AKUS website, you can spec out lots of different choices, including the black that you don't like.

One caveat about the weight of a 16 ga. As I understand from Mark DeHaan, the Huglu (not the commando/akus) guns in 16 ga are made up using 12 ga barrel stock, so the any weight savings over 12 ga in the action is lost to greater barrel thickness. Don't know how that's done in the AKUS factory. The commando catalog certainly suggests a weight savings for the 16 ga., but it would be worth looking into if that's what you want.

Thank you. I'm not into new guns really, but the boxlock at around a grand piqued my interest and appears to be a good buy in a 16, cosmetically at least. Basically it's the S&W Elite but in a 16. If it weighs more than 6 1/2 lbs though, there is no shortage of new but heavy 16b field guns out there in that price range to choose from, such as the CZ Bobwhite, etc...