Originally Posted By: Geno
I found these photos interesting, though its soviet period allready 1950-53. Sauer mod.47S Barrels marked 1950, paper shows its been range tested in 1951 and sold in 1953. Also barrels have 4 rings Krupp steel (Russian barrel steel 50ap) and Caveman on top reeb.

Interesting photo and paper in deed! Maybe this gun was forged by Werner Grüßung ? He was employed in the forging division of the Fortuna company.

I found and picked up his “Personalkarte” (personnel record card) in a burned building on the Sauer plant in 1998 together with Jim Cate. A room of this building was filled up with hundreds of such cards - most of them ruined by fire or water, but some were in good condition (also some pre-war and war time cards). We picked them up (nobody cared for us) – some weeks later the whole building and its “filling” was history….. but that’s of course another story (if anybody is interested, I could show in an extra thread some photos of the Sauer plant taken in 1998 compared with some photos of 2007).

Originally Posted By: pwm
I would like to change the "caveman" word (…)the Sauer "caveman" is in fact the Wild man of medival times.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_man

Hi “feuerwerker”,

Yes, correct, Sauer’s oldest trademark is the “Wilde Mann” or in English, the “Wild man with the club”. But that’s of course no big deal.

Regards

Martin