keith:
I certainly agree with your above points. Anyone is free to draw their own conclusions as to whether a gun related topic is relevant to this forum and our hobby and I suspect the vast majority of the members here believe this to be judging from what I've seen.
I also have to think it'd reasonable to question someones motives who objects to airing potential issues created by the antis. At least I believe I've demonstrated who the real bigots are on this forum.
I heard last nite the Jerry Brown aka "Governor Moonbeam(CA)" has banned the public display of unloaded handguns after some complaints from unnamed sources. Apparently several gun owners showed up at a Starbucks with unloaded open carry pistols to counter the antis the last time around when they staged a boycott.
I also read yesterday the New Jersey is potentially enacting an ammunition ban bill that would essentially outlaw the sale of virtually all ammunition in the State. The bill basically states that any ammunition that's potentially harmful to the police will be banned from sale. I expect this would include most types of shotgun ammo. Getting closer to home here?
This is an ongoing and constant battle so you can face up to it or stick your head in the sand and hope it will go away.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.