Originally Posted By: italiansxs
This kind of situation is precisely why I endure the criticism and disbelief from those on here who maintain we don't have to remain constantly vigilent of attacks upon our 2nd Amendment rights.

Jim with all due respect most here are members of the NRA, certainly internet literate and capable of navigating to the news sources on the web.

Paul Revere was the designated courier to signal the alarm and was there first with the information. There are many parallel paths for the information and point of view you post here.

And no one is keeping you from posting that subject on this BBS. We just want you to follow the rules and post it in the proper section of the BBS.

I posted a thread marked off-topic on this forum to get help selecting rifle ammunition for my son's deer hunt. It was moved to the rifle section. I am certain someone requested Dave to move it but so what? They were just asking him to keep order and enforce the rules posted at the top of the index.

I write many replies that are never posted. After considering things a few minutes I often decide that the ill-will the post will cause is not worth making the point. When you posted against live pigeon shooting on a thread about a clays game it was obvious you hadn't bothered to read the thread or taken time to reconsider the issue or other people. I believe you read the subject line on the index, punched down to the last page and pushed the "Reply" button and started typing. The tendency to reflexive reaction frequently turns out to be counter-productive to converting others to one's point of view. It also causes people to tend to look at the rest of such authors' posts with a skeptical eye.

This is a forum for gun owners and it is about firearms. We are all zealots here. We are vigilant. And we will be even if you are required to follow the rules and post about this subject in another section.

Which is supposed to be what this thread is about.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.