keith;
For the record: My intent here was never to "stick my finger in Dave's eye" or anyone elses eye for that matter.
My intent was and is to solely report upon impending legislation and other issues that could imperil our right to keep and bear arms.
We should all be thankful for the Internet as the mainstrean news media doesn't believe in a level playing field here and has NO intention of letting our side of this issue being fairly reported.
Nor do I believe this issue should dominate discussions here. As a matter of fact; If we get am appropriate change in administration come November this issue could go back on the back burner and no one would be more thankful than me.
In the meantime I think vigilence is the prudent approach and we must remain united.
I'm going to end this with some quotes from Patrick Henry:

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
― Patrick Henry

The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun.”
― Patrick Henry

“Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?”
― Patrick Henry

“Three millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. Beside, sir, we shall not fight our battles alone. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of Nations, and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us.”
― Patrick Henry

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.