Originally Posted By: Gnomon
Canvas, it might be hair-splitting but we are better off now than we were when Obama took office.

I'm talking about right now - it's not a matter of "time will tell" and whether or not anyone wants to give Obama any credit we are better off by any inclusive metric than we were when he took office.

Some might credit Obama; others might credit pixie dust.

Gnomon, not at all arguing with whether you are better off. Only taking issue with what seemed to be your original assertion that for both gun rights and the economy, Obama deserved credit. It was implied, but it was the essence of your post, as I read it.

Originally Posted By: canvasback

I would respectfully disagree however, that, economically speaking, as a result of the Obama administration, you are "as a nation are far better off..."

But time will tell on that.

What I meant by "time will tell", is that I believe the impact of Obama's economic policies and action won't be fully understood for some years to come. And that is true for any administration. Not that the current metrics don't suggest it is better than in 2008/2009.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia