King, you are correct Sir, as the great Ed McMahon used to tell Johnny. We do get incensed by those infringements!

Personally I liked it better when we didn't have one, at least a real one anyway. I liked it better when we were an act of the British Parliament and we based our laws and court decisions on the accumulated wisdom of countless generations, both here and back in Great Britain, in accordance with the country we were, not a future country envisioned by some small group with outsized influence.

The Government of Canada has given me no rights whatsoever. The Canadian Charter of Rights is an illusion if it is imagined that is how we got rights.

I have a right to employment? To healthcare? To being free from discrimination? It is to laugh, this foolishness. No wonder our country's' governments are so screwed up. They can't recognize or admit to truth when it sits squarely before them, regardless of political affiliation.

Government, any government, can't give rights to us. It is only within government's power to take away rights that are intrinsic to being alive, to being human, in the name of creating a more humane and harmonious society, or to recognize those natural rights we are all born with.

So we voluntarily give up certain rights. And perhaps, having made that voluntary sacrifice for the greater good, that is why we get so incensed when the few rights we have retained and kept for ourselves are so often and egregiously trampled on by so many different instruments of the state.

But lets be clear...governments give nothing.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia