THis is my first post with doublegunshop, figured I'd better make it a good one.

Couple of weeks ago I was at a garage sale and spotted a couple of rifles in a corner that were not for sale, but went ahead and asked about them anyway.

So, 60 bucks later Im 2 guns heavier. Bought on the premise that one was a Springfield 1903 with "an interesting sport stock." The 2nd was an old Stevens 650 12 guage that got sold later that day for a 100 bucks.

So. As I was cleaning the 1903 I noticed it was engraved!
Did not notice this at first as there is a nice sheet of rust on the entire gun. Well, I just happened to be chatting on the phone with my dad when I found the engraving and when I told him that I think he bout had a heart attack. From that point he told me "Search that gun for G&H markings" By the time it was cleaned up I found a fully engraved magazine basplate and trigger guard, some nice work around the front sight and markings for .35 whelen

After speaking with G&H what they have told me is that the rifle is likely Kornbrath engraved, the stockwork done by Seymour Griffin himself and was a VERY early model. THe top of the barrel is stamped "No 154 Griffin & Howe New York, NY"

Wondering if there are any G&H experts on this forum as I would love to learn more about it!

I have a bunch of pictures of it, but cant figure out how to post them up