Originally Posted By: idok
XAUSA....I spoke with G&H a few days ago and will most likely end up sending it back to them...

But when I talked with them they were talking stock replacement, acid dipping and retouching up the engraving then reblue..Scott

IIWY I wouldn't consider replacing the stock unless it has suffered some disaster that would prevent its safety in shooting. If the wood has shrunken away from the metal then it's a fairly simple matter to greatly improve its looks without replacement, and any cracks can be repaired easily during the process.

You'll need to have the engraving touched up but not necessarily COMPLETELY redone, depending upon the desired appearance after it's completed. I personally like a certain look of character provided by the visual evidence of long-term but careful hunting use, but others like a brand-new appearance. You have a golden opportunity to have this rifle look exactly as aged/used as YOU wish it to look, without compromising the pedigree if you have G&H do the work.

WONDERFUL find!
Regards, Joe

You can lead a man to logic but you can't make him think. NRA Life since 1976. God bless America!