Originally Posted By: J.R.B.
jOe it's just like Bone says the government wants and needs this information to get ALL the guns, even that big blunderbuss you hunt turkeys with. I don't know about you but I trust a politician about as far as I can throw my grand-dad's anvil.
Me too, amigo. I have one of the anvils from the heat treatment area of my late Grand-dad's machine shop, and two of the Parker & Snow bench mounted vises too- plus all the good American made mikes, verniers (one Helios- made in germany) no Jap crap-- My Grandfather always advised me that sooner or later, he'd end up hiring some numbnut who could break an anvil- he was joking of course-- but as far as politics was concerned, he shared, as do I, your distrust of them ALL- he used to tell that mastering a skilled trade was man's best guarantee of earning a good and honest living- that politicians didn't start out to be that "profession" which he viewed as possibly one step up from being a whorehouse pimp, but after they had Fubared everything else in the way of an honest way of earning a living, they either became bank robbers like Dillinger, or politicians-- Dillinger robbed banks with guns and bravado (for a while) politicians robbed them with pens- like Joseph P. Kennedy Sr- when FDR made him heard of the SEC in the Dirty 30's- Old FDR must have figured that if Kennedy was crooked enough to become a millionaire with prohibition and bootlegging, and smart enough to bail out of Wall St. before the Fit hit the Shan in late Oct.1929, he was smart and crooked enough to be the right man for the task. Set a thief to catch a thief maybe?? I'll register my gun collection when the Jews decide to forgive Hitler--not until!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..