Dear god, Craig, where does Bush come into it or curveballs or undermining pro-gun efforts? I've written to a senator, the NRA and posted here, as Jim noted above, recognize what is going on for what it is: registration.

Chatter about slippery slopes and nibbling away at constitutional rights is mewling to the converted. Nowhere have I said I want "American gun control to resemble Canadian gun control." I fought gun control, period.

I've said, plain as pudding, that none of the proposals for gun control will have a gnat's eyelash of effect on gun violence. I've quoted the Harvard study here and reminded McCain of Canadian experience so cut out the nonsense, please.

Integrity of a conversation demands respect, candour and trustworthiness. Imputing motives without evidence and saying what is not true is disrespectful, only making the world safer for fools.

Any time you're taking on the stately edifice and authority of a national government trying to saddle its citizens with unwarranted arbitrary measures, look to help wherever you can get it, not obfuscate and declaim as you're doing.

Last edited by King Brown; 02/27/13 11:49 PM.