Jim, it seems to me that the "do-gooders" who seem to wish to control everything learned a lot from the prohibition experiment in our Country. When they turned their attention to tobacco, they 1st went for the 'hearts and minds' of the country and keeping the legitimate industry intact, proceeded to tax it practically out of existence. I know that is true because I watched our local tobacco growing economy disappear inside of twenty-five years.

Now they're using the same tactics on guns. First they have turned a lot of the people to a belief that guns and the blood-sports are inherently evil and right thinking people should shun sportsmen and demand protection from evil guns, just as the people were convinced of the evil of tobacco (they were probably right about that)and the mores of society shifted to the point that smokers exercising their right to damage their health are now shunned.

Universal registration is not likely in my mind to be a prelude to confiscation. It is more likely to lead to a list of new gun-tax payers whose identities and location are known and who will be subjected, with the well-wishing of the people, to taxes which will make gun ownership so onerous and so expensive and so unpopular as to get rid of it despite the 2nd amendment...Geo