Originally Posted By: Igorrock
I have good recource of books according to proof marks. As I said there is both belgian and french proof marks. Then there is one sign like eagles head which I don´t identify and initials (maybe barrel makers) "JT". Text "Choke" and "17,4" and "18,4". Barrels have honed and re-blued but you could hardly see text "Acier xxxxx" which should tell steel of barrels.

This shotgun has engaved very sparely; only narrow "band" round the lock plate and some on screws head.

According yours comments and proof marks it seems that shotgun has been made and proofed in Belgium and then imported and re-proofed in France. Seller was G. Callens.

I find from internet one auction cataloque where has sold very similar shotgun. Seller has descibed shotgun as follows:

"fusiL De chasse à platines stéphanois G. Callens. 2 coups, calibre 12/65, éjecteurs. 2 paires de canons juxtaposés de 80 cm. Chokes : droits : full et 1/4 ; gauche : full et 1/2. bascule et platines gravées de bouquets et rinceaux feuillagés. Double détentes dont une articulée. Crosse en noyer de 36,5 cm avec rallonge de 1,5 cm, en partie quadrillé. 5e catégorie. Dans une valise en bois recouverte de cuir, garnie à l'intérieur de feutre bordeaux. Étiquette dans le couvercle "Maison Lien et Chapu Callens Sr Paris"."

There is one foto of gun and it seems to be very similar but with two barrels:

Raimey, the first sentence in the above description in French, of the other Callens gun the original poster found, indicates that it's either a St. Etienne gun, or the individual who wrote the description believes it to be from St. Etienne. "Stephanois" is the adjective for someone or something from St. Etienne. Of course it's possible that Callens, who I'm still thinking is a dealer in Paris rather than a gunmaker, could have had guns made both in St. Etienne and Liege.

Igorrock, I can't make out all the proofmarks in your photo, but everything I can make out looks Belgian to me. Could be I'm missing something, but I don't see any St. Etienne proofs.