Your memory seems to be as bad as mine, Craig. I've explained numerous times how media works, separation of opinion and news columns, and what I've seen of the social bent of practitioners.

Most journalists are inclined to liberal values. I don't know why although I suspect it's the espoused inequality and unwarranted influence of the few that they see every day. Even coming in stone-cold they learn quickly who's giving commoners the middle-finger.

Our Tea Party Triumvirate would be welcomed in news rooms with affectionate cynicism as long as it kept its opinions out of its reporting. It wouldn't last five minutes if it irritated readers with its ideology.

The liberal proclivity in journalism reflects societal trends, I think. As James said accurately earlier, the nanny culture is winning. Look at larger population centres disengaged from the old verities. Note residence of red and blue votes.

I don't know if reporting history on the fly---anti-gun, anti-this-and-that hinging on detachment from an older way---is as much a problem of integrity in journalism as a needed reflection of what we've become.

Last edited by King Brown; 11/11/14 10:59 AM.