Once again, Comrade King, you miss my point.

This quote from the article illustrates a fundamental misconception. It shows that while identification with the "Tea Party" is down, identification with the founding principles of the Tea Party are at a record level. The name has been somewhat successfully, and of course sociopathically and religiously demonized by statist bigots, but the philosophy has not. I thought I clearly made that point, but in your case I was too subtle.

Originally Posted By: King Brown

"Yet its also true that the Tea Partys clout is waning. According to the most recent Gallup poll, just 30 percent of Americans have a favorable opinion of the movement, the lowest level in its history. This seems particularly unsettling when polls also show that the public still overwhelmingly supports the Tea Party objective of limited government. In fact, a recent Gallup poll shows a record 72 percent of Americans feels that big government is the greatest threat to the future of the country. Voters who feel that way should be flocking to the Tea Party in droves.They are not.

This quote of yours is illustrative of why you're such a hoot, as obviously the sociopathically bigoted labeling of the Tea Party is a classic example of statist religious demonization, performed by essentially pathological liars. I see that they were exempt from your points about being a "bad fit" or "counterproductive". Obviously to you, members of your religion are merely "Righteous and Good", and speaking "Absolute Truth"..

Originally Posted By: King Brown

Labeling, Ken, often is a bad fit, counterproductive, as we see on Misfires.

As far as NRO, and the Conservative ideologues in general, human nature and vanity are involved. To those who consider themselves the "Leaders" of Conservatism, especially those ensconced in D.C., the Tea Party is obviously a potential source of rivals, even though ideology is essentially the same.

Last edited by Ken61; 12/18/14 12:53 AM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.