Originally Posted By: King Brown
Ken, labelling is good and bad. My earlier quoted reference was to labelling often as a bad fit. I believe no one can be neatly and accurately labelled, certainly not within such broad categories as left and right, conservative and liberal. We're a mixture, amalgams of all in varying proportions, decency dominant. I'd welcome members to my home with whom I've agreed and parried for years, as I do in my community. Otherwise, hell would be an improvement.

Comrade King,

What you say is true, in a very subjective and general sense. People constantly label others, as well as self-label themselves. That's why intellectual analysis and objectivity are so important. Use of pejoratives, according to faith-based beliefs is the labeling of religious demonization. This is the "bad fit" you're referring to. Analysis provides the understanding of the philosophy behind the labeling, to differentiate accuracy from sociopathic religious demonization. "Decency dominant" is subjective, as what is "decent" to a religious statist includes the sociopathic infliction on others both against their will, and at the expense of their individual freedom and equality. There is nothing "decent" about the confiscation of freedom and then awarding it to other's in order to buy their votes. At least not within the Constitutional context of individual freedom and equality. So, the real issue is understanding the philosophical context of a given belief. Is the belief, and consequential actions, based on a philosophy of unconstitutional, sociopathic infliction, or a philosophy of individual freedom and equality?

The answer is obvious, and is the reason why statism requires the massive indoctrination of sociopathic faith-based beliefs, in order to suspend the intellectually objective concept that people are "free and equal" citizens.

The line between religious freedom and religious oppression is when religion becomes sociopathically inflictive upon others against their will. Celebrating Christmas is the free expression of religious beliefs. Forcing an atheist to celebrate Christmas, or an atheist attempting to prevent other's from celebrating it are clearly sociopathically inflictive.

Last edited by Ken61; 12/18/14 11:44 AM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.