Originally Posted By: King Brown
You've always been clear that taxation shouldn't deliver to places where you don't want it to go even if voted as the majority will of the people in their legislatures. Democratic governance cannot accommodate individual wants of free and equal citizens.

Your and our founding fathers made systems in which political parties proselytized, manipulated and bought the electorate to favour their interests. The result overall is two of the most blessed countries in the world. Decent: "respectable, passable, good enough, tolerable, not immodest or indelicate"---OED.

Comrade King, you've missed my point.

What I've been clear on is that taxes should not go to unconstitutional purposes. In reality, even that statement is not completely true. I have said that it is not unreasonable to fund a social safety net, as long as it did not result in religiously sociopathic vote-buying, which is what we now have.

I always get a kick when statists talk about democracy and majority will. Including to the point when there is only one political party in a country and a 100% voter turnout. Accommodation is considerably different than sociopathic religious infliction and vote-buying. You'd have been at home in the Confederacy, there isn't much difference between private slavery and statist neoslavery, except that not as much work gets done.

Ah, you can't resist injecting the sociopathic, Soviet-indoctrinated, statist, religious, demonization dogma that America was founded by a group of "old, rich, dead, slave-owning white guys who were only interested in keeping a old on their own wealth". Thanks for the opportunity to point out Soviet psychopolitical doctrine and dogma. Now everyone will understand why the term "Comrade" is so apt.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.