King, King, King,

You say you admire our founding fathers, yet you constantly profess views directly in opposition to their major accomplishment. The Constitution.

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I'm puzzled by your sensitivity about the founding fathers. I admire them for their work, yours and mine. It couldn't enter my mind to knock them. (Ours didn't own slaves anyway.){/quote}

[quote=King Brown]Equally puzzling is your recognition of the need for a safety net as long as it doesn't involve vote-buying. It doesn't make sense. They go together. Buying votes is common as rain everywhere.

If all that is required for a person to receive other people's freedom is to vote for a politician sociopathically willing to go out and take it for them, it's clearly not a "Safety Net". It's a profession. Or, perhaps most accurately, a religion. It's the worship of Religious Statism. In the temple of the voting booth, before the altar of the ballot box.

It has caused the creation of the statist, religious politician, who's own self interest is in the destruction of economic opportunity in order to create dependency. If those receiving other people's freedom through the involuntary exchange of goods and services (statist neoslavery) were required to voluntarily remove themselves from voter rolls in order to receive the money, the result would be a government composed of politicians who's self interest would be the creation of economic opportunity, rather than oppression.

Last edited by Ken61; 12/18/14 02:49 PM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.