Originally Posted By: Adam Stinson

I know I said I was done but I lied... like Kyrie said, it may be pointless, but its fun.

You say the Spanish gun trade was "flourishing" in the 1880s.... if that's true, where are all of the shotguns that were produced? I see them nowhere. Not here in the states, not in the U.K., not in Spain, and not in the rest of the Europe. That's because the Spanish gun trade didn't really "flourish" until later. It wasn't until after WWII that Spain became a major player in the SXS market. That's when production really kicked up. Before that, it was quite limited. Prove me wrong, please.

Small challenge there.

“Flourish” is to be successful; prosper. Any Spanish gun maker may flourish without exporting a single gun from Spain. Wrong assumptions produces wrong conclusions; you’re wrong – QED.

As an aside, if you follow the Spanish guns on the on line auction sites then you have seen any number of guns produced by Spanish gun makers whose companies were founded at or before the beginning of the twentieth century. You just don’t know enough of the history of Spanish gun makers to recognize them.