Ken, my current safe is a Cabela's branded safe that was touted to hold 24 guns. Maybe hand guns if you piled them up! So I threw out the racking that came with it and had one made to my own design out of walnut. That was back in the day before I knew about muzzle up or muzzle down.

Hold twenty guns, sixteen SxS and 4 single barrel. Gets a bit tight if they are scoped rifles. I'm down to just one of those so no big deal at the moment.

Here's the new safe. Double doors, deeper, wider and 2.5 times as heavy. Will be installing LED lighting and a rack similar to my other rack.

I have given a lot of thought to the muzzle up or down issue. I'm sticking to muzzle up. Here's why. I have a muzzle down rack for the Cabela's safe. I have found that In the normal course of events, taking them in and out is safer muzzle up. Fewer accidental "safe kisses" Given that I don't over oil my guns, I have little fear that muzzle up will be contributing to new damage to any of my guns. But my general level of klutziness may.

And now we return you to our regularly scheduled programming.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia