Well, sorry I came back and looked again . . . but now Keith has me "making excuses for getting rid of all lead". Pure BS . . . coming from those lead-eating cows of yours, Keith. I guess. The articles I wrote for Pointing Dog Journal were clearly in DEFENSE of lead shot. PM me, I'll send you my address, and if you send me yours AND a stamped, self-addressed envelope (no point wasting money on you, in addition to time) I'll send you copies of the articles. Then you can apologize for suggesting that I'm "making excuses for getting rid of all lead". The problem we're facing, Keith, is this: THE ANTI-LEAD PEOPLE ARE GOING TO COME AT US THAT WE SHOULD GET RID OF ALL LEAD, SHOT AND BULLETS BOTH, SIMPLY BECAUSE LEAD IS TOXIC. That'd be the folks on the OTHER side. Not me. And by the way, you'll find that I didn't address the issue of lead bullets in the article. Pointing Dog Journal is a magazine for bird hunters, not deer hunters. I'd leave it up to someone writing for deer hunters (and in fact all those who hunt with lead bullets) to do the research and produce articles like mine for that segment of the hunting/shooting community.

Now to the really important part: Rob's post re junk science. Note that Rob, who worked in the field for 35 years, has no problem saying that there's junk science out there. He's blowing the whistle. So . . . if it was some great conspiracy within the wildlife management community that resulted in the lead ban on waterfowl, if it was all "bad science" as some here would suggest . . . then why can't anyone produce any denunciation of that bad science? Where are the whistleblowers on the lead ban? If lead poisoning wasn't killing those ducks and geese, then why haven't we heard that it was so much junk science--from someone who worked in the field back then? Like Rob, many of those people are now retirees. What do they have to lose by blowing the whistle on junk science? Some black helicopter or drone going to come along and blow them away? Are they likely to meet with an unfortunate "accident"? Where "climate change" is concerned, we can find scientists who say it's junk science. So why not wildlife biologists who are ready to tell us that the whole "ingested lead shot is killing waterfowl" stuff was junk science? I'm ready to read evidence of that nature, if anyone can find any. Rather than the usual "conspiracy theory" BS from guys who think that anyone suggesting lead shot or bullets could possibly be any problem at all are anti-lead, anti-gun . . . and probably don't like Mom and apple pie either.

Last edited by L. Brown; 01/29/16 10:29 AM.