Originally Posted By: ellenbr
Once again, I digress to the Daly - Lindner alliance. Daly, like all other firearms merchants did not want any evidence that would suggest his shop did not manufacture his wares. Lindner was the unsung draft mule & had it not been for the loss of his son in the early fighting with the Brits in the Great War, the Lindner hallmark of quality would have been better appreciated. True fit & finish doesn't bode of the quality but the illiterate client, who was just unaware of the processes of sporting weapons manufacture, assumed that if he purchased from the wares of a top retailer, then he was guaranteed quality. Until now, there wasn't a protocol for summing quality based on the superposition of effort by the most talented mechanics.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Raimey,

It's all well but I don't think your comparison is valid. Courally did not promote the name of the maker who worked for him. Courally promoted as his brand the name of a gunmaker who was already dead. I repeat - only the brand, not the guns made by the Lebeau.

Regards,

Igor

www.shotguncollector.com