My very first stock finishing job was done with Lin Speed, and it worked great. I had to buy a new jar for my second attempt because what was left in the first had jelled. That second batch I tried was extremely slow to harden. I just wonder if they have inconsistent amounts of dryer additives. I never had that problem with Tru-Oil, but I still found it very hard to save unused amounts, and I've moved on to other finishes that are much better and much more economical, being purchased usually by the quart. Still, it is not pleasant to open up a half quart of Permalyn, tung oil, or other fairly expensive finish and find that it is jelled or hardened. I read about a product called Bloxygen that is an inert gas that is sprayed into opened cans of paint, varnish, etc., and being heavier than air, it displaces the oxygen in the can that spoils it.

http://www.bloxygen.com/

Great idea, but Bloxygen is fairy expensive in itself. Then I remembered that I have a couple argon-CO2 cylinders for my MIG welders. I just lift the wire feed wheels and pull the trigger on the MIG gun to shoot some gas into my partial cans of expensive wood finishes and automotive paints, and it does a good job of preserving the leftovers. Bloxygen is pure argon and the Ultramix I normally use for the MIG welders is argon- CO2, but it seems to work well. It has even done a good job of purging air out of cans of one-part moisture cure urethanes. I see from the Bloxygen website that it can also preserve gunpowder, which is another use I hadn't considered.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.