Originally Posted By: Lloyd3
Ted:

I get a little worked up every once in a while about some event in the world and I tend to vent in this fashion. I know that a couple of the denizens over on that site are pretty rabid lefties and I enjoy gigging them just a little. I'd like to believe that I do it in good taste, but that may not be universally agreed with. I'm a little disappointed that I got censored by the poor-soul running things there, but I appreciate the fact that he's been keeping things running since the passing of the original founder & owner.

Lloyd, Ted,

My question for you guys is why? I'm presupposing that you are referring to the 16 gauge forum which has a ban on "political" topics or more broadly stated has a rule to keep topics limited to the 16 gauge. I checked out the offending article (from the thread that supposedly got shut down), that Lloyd linked to, and it doesn't seem to fit the rules of the forum that, as members of that site, you agreed to adhere to. So if the owner of the site and the fellow authorized to run it has made a rule, why do you feel that its ok to violate it to giggle some lefties? And Ted, why are you so upset if the site is enforcing the known rules?

It is a private site. To be members, you have to get permission to participate. As conservatives, I am sure that you each respect ownership rights in property, and one of those rights is to lay down the rules that guests/members have to follow to be part of the club.

Why are you each incensed when the rules are upheld?

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum