Originally Posted By: craigd
I think, if all we had to do is keep nukes out of civilian hands, there is still a fair amount of evidence that ideological lines have been drawn by left wing leaders to restrict side by side barreled shotguns among other types of civilian firearms.

Craig, you must not be recalling Joe Biden's reference to a shotgun (I believe he may have specified double, although I can't remember for sure) as a good home defense weapon. That being said, without doubt there are lefties who'd like to put far more restrictions on gun ownership. And if you happen to live in the wrong state, they probably will succeed in doing so. Have succeeded, in some states. Makes me very glad that the last state I lived in (WI) finally got CCW (pretty much automatic without training for a vet like me), and just a few years ago, IA--where I live now--went from "may issue" CCW (giving county sheriffs power over who got permits) to "shall issue" (meaning the sheriff has to show cause to refuse you a permit)--again with a simple background check and my DD-214. Good to know things have been heading the right way in the Heartland--if, unfortunately, that's not the case on the coasts.