Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
I like veterans that are proud of our country and don't support Muslims or their twisted cult that hides behind the guise of being a religion....

I'm quite proud of having served my country for 35 years. (30+ military, 5 CIA.) That service included 2 years in the Arab world, and a bunch of years working counterintelligence/counterterrorism. The idea that I "support" Muslims is laughable. Black September, among other Arab terrorist organizations, was killing Americans while I was in the Arab world. I supported killing them first. Still do, where terrorists of any stripe are concerned.

The job of an intelligence officer is to help decision-makers understand the enemy, actual or potential. Islamist terrorists are our REAL enemy, without question. I have no hesitation about using the term, and I don't shed any tears when they're killed . . . although I'd rather have them captured, because you get more intelligence out of live prisoners than you do dead terrorists. (And I wish we still had a green light to use EIT's--that is, enhanced interrogation techniques, to include waterboarding--on terrorist detainees. They seek martyrdom, so threatening them with death isn't very effective. But properly-applied "discomfort" can produce results.)

Islam is no more a cult than are Christianity or Judaism. Contrary to what many believe, the vast majority of Muslims are not interested in killing infidels. Currently, they're killing more of each other--which they've been doing for centuries--than they are non-Muslims. And in the war on Islamist terrorism, most of our boots on the ground allies are other Muslims. Things work out better that way. Of course, Joe, if you'd like to go join up with the forces fighting terrorists in Syria or Iraq or Afghanistan or Libya or anywhere else--rather than spending your time looking for them under your bed--nah, no chance of that. You're too busy interacting with the other trolls that live under the same bridge you do. With that I renounce any efforts at attempting to educate you to the real world and the real threats rather than the make believe world you live in.

Last edited by L. Brown; 09/23/16 05:34 PM.