Originally Posted By: James M
AmarriloMike

"The Old Testament quotes God as ordering the Jews to perform genocide and ethnic cleansing when they entered the Promised Land. Which, the Old Testament reports, in some instances, they did."

Would you please provide a chapter and verse citation? I don't remember reading this and I'd like to do a review.
Jim

Lots of pretty nasty stuff in the Old Testament, James. How about sex slaves? Numbers 31: 17-18, Moses' instructions to the Israelite army after defeating the enemy: "Now kill all the boys. And kill all every woman who has slept with a man. But save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man." So they were doing the sex slave thing long before Mohammed ever walked the earth.

As for Christians disregarding all of that stuff because it's Old Testament . . . hear what Jesus Himself had to say on the subject (Matthew 5:17): "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfill them." Doesn't sound like a renunciation of the Old Testament to me.