Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Originally Posted By: craigd
Why aren't 'we', the US, profiling imams....

....Seems like the more you claim the bad apple is to blame, the more you demonstrate that the whole, at the minimum locally, is to blame....

....Re "profiling" in general: Law enforcement can't do it....
....Intelligence, however, CAN profile....

....that's intel, not law enforcement....
....Somewhat complex, but that's the difference between the two....

Re a much later comment about college debt: Old guys like King (if he'd gone to college) and me (and I did--BA and MA) didn't have a huge concern. I graduated debt free, with no scholarships. But then my first semester (spring 1964), tuition was only $126. I could pay that with the money I made pumping gas, doing work-study on campus, and serving in the National Guard.

I can understand the difference between the two. I'm pretty sure, though not a hundred percent, that 'we' were discussing sensationalized homeland shootings. You mentioned you were not hesitant to utter the words 'islamist terrorist'. At that point, you did not mention that pc would be the only thing that mattered, and that your identification of an enemy did not mean that citizens were not going to be protected from that enemy.

Yes, if 'phelpsies' are repeatedly involved in mass terroristic type shootings and bombings, they should be profiled even if the word isn't used. You've decided to continue the equivocating between Christianity and Islam by electing to compare them. Have you been able to dig up any CURRENT reason for law enforcement or intelligence, other than pc, to waste very limited resources on all inclusive investigation.

I've always mentioned that it seems laws are in place, but selective application sure looks like political motivation. You mentioned if an imam were bad that they would be 'likely' to be investigated. Why can't we say 'will'? Why did I bring up 'imam' again, it's because you keep insisting that if 'hierarchical' can be used, then there's some excuse for criminal or terrorist activity.

As for college debt, I can't see the current freebie mentality being anywhere near similar to the mindset that it took for you to work for your education. I believe 'free' will be a multi trillion dollar dead end, but I'm positive, the 'investment' will be worth it. New generations of 'leaders' are being conditioned to fight micro aggression, create safe zones, and turn off their feelings if something doesn't promote pc.