Originally Posted By: King Brown
I was agreeing with an earlier point about leadership and experience, James. Not Trump's or Obama's. Neither comes with initials after names or time on the job. In this case I was referring to mine with country folk collectively knowing better than governments and corporations how to do a lot of things---and doing it to the world's highest standards. As for popularity for performance on the job, compare Obama's after eight years and the incumbent's after one day: citizens in all the West's capitals taking to the streets, biggest thumbs-down at home and overseas in modern US history.

Quote:
The president and commander-in-chief is a businessman of no civic or military experience who seems to have forgotten the No. 1 management rule of knowing your customer, the American people, the American culture, their institutions.

grin No you weren't, King. You were specifically referring to Trump's lack of civic or military experience and the clear inference was that his business experience would be of no value. You went on to aver that he had forgotten who his customer was.

Except that he got elected and your guy didn't. If there is anything one can say about the differences between the Hilary and Trump campaigns, it would be that Hillary, Obama and the DNC forgot so completely who the customer was, they took it as their God given right that they should win. The reality was that the DNC and all associated with it thought THEY were their own customer. That is the essence of the problem and what fostered Trump's success.

In a later post you talked about your own experience but that's not the post I responded to.

So again, I put it to you.....why (given your own experience in private enterprise) do you completely discount experience gained in the private sector and why did you not hold Obama to the same standard you are now trying to hold Trump to.

And finally, because you keep saying goofy things, how can any assessment of Trump's performance be based on the 24 hours since he was inaugurated and that be compared to one who has been on the job 8 years. Would you do that to any employee?

Last edited by canvasback; 01/21/17 05:30 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia