Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane
Tamid -

I pity you trying to make sense of near senseless ramblings. Unless a barrel has been modified in some way, the original choke markings will be as indicative as anything of killing effectiveness if you use standard ammo. You can pattern all you like at any distance that rings your bell and the most important thing that patterning will tell you is the POI of that gun with you shooting it. Trying to make a great conclusion out of shotgun patterns is a waste of time. Do what Mr. Winston says in the link I provided above and then spend some quality time shooting
So here's the essentials as they work for me:
IC for close targets - my IC will kill out to about 30yds but closer is better. I used a 0.012/#3 choke in a Perazzi for the first barrel at pigeons and that was 30+yds solid kills at the box
M for intermediate targets - harder to kill closer targets and OK for the 1st barrel at pigeons but prolly not necessary
F Again in the pigeon ring since I KNOW what those distances are, a F will kill at the fence at +/-60yds.

In my experience the choke markings on any Italian gun tell me all I need to know about how that gun will kill. I have no reason to suspect that the original marking/choke on any reasonable quality gun would be any different

besta luck

have another day
Dr.WtS

I pity you, thinking that everyone but you is a (near) nonsensical idiot. But, I guess ,as always, it's up to the OP to determine which answers seem reasonable and which do not. Probably makes it much easier on him when the California Sage comes along and puts everyone else in their place, tho'.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 03/05/17 03:30 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.