Larry, did you actually read my reply to you, or did you just QUOTE it and make another reply that totally ignored what I just said? Or did you read it and simply not comprehend it?

I didn't see this gun at Cabelas. In fact, I never saw a gun by this manufacturer until it was pictured in this thread. But something about it made me want to learn more. At that point in time, I had no idea what original wood looked like... hence my initial statement that it was either a very lightly used closet queen or had been refinished. Once again Larry, very shortly after that, I acknowledged that it had likely been restocked. We do agree that whoever did it did a really nice job. I'd like to see more of his work.

Let's not forget that it was you who made this pronouncement about RPF... with absolutely nothing to back it up.

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Simply reflects the reality that Rivolier probably did not have in-house expertise in all the various specialties involved in the start to finish production of a side by side.

Then you later seemed to suggest that they were spread too thin in their various product lines to be totally responsible for the build of these guns. That's why I used the examples of Parker and Winchester. Since virtually every vintage U.S. Double Shotgun maker used Damascus, and in many cases, fluid steel tubes from outside foreign sources, I suppose we should look down our nose at them as well, or call them guild guns.

It's become obvious that you can't ignore me, even when you say you are. You've replied to me directly or indirectly too many times to honestly claim otherwise. It's OK, Larry. I personally don't ever use the IGNORE feature on anyone, even though some folks here are hypocritical and loathsome. I have more fun pissing them off than I ever would ignoring them. If I ever do ignore someone, it will be for real... as if they were dead... no exceptions.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.