Another dated w/SN Didier Drevet barrel in an unnamed Saint-Etienne gun with SN and chambered for 7 cm (2 3/4). The numbers stamped on these barrels (see the various ones above) not/not associated with a date - in this case "17502" - are the SN's of the gun itself stamped on the barrels by the gun maker. I've confirmed this several times. - Neat looking gun!! (And if you don't know where is "Avranches". take a look at the Normandy campaign breakout)

1). 1907 - 12613?; 18.4; 7 chambered in cm; Gun SN is 17502 (No idea what this means); No name; marketed (or assembled) by Geneaux of Avranches (Normandy):

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/667146081

And this date graph continues to expand (see page 1); if gun owners with DD dated barrels can supply gun maker names and gun maker SN's...soon we'll have a decent idea of French gun dates in the first 20 years of the 20th century.

I'll try to do this graph...starting with dates....adding proof marks, powder marks...using the SN's from the DD barrels..and then separate graphs for each manufacturer who used those barrels. I can do the analysis (and Ted, WC, Raimey, Larry et.al. have the knowledge) - But you all have the data.

And what's with all the 7.0 chambers? I have one a 1906 with a butt plate stamped "model expresse". Can I shoot modern 2 3/4" ammo?

Last edited by Argo44; 07/14/17 11:08 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch