Kirk it looks good if you are into hammer guns, But this gun was said to be not worth spending any cash on because it was too far gone in every way in the 1960s. Though as a young man I thought it was too good to become a wall hanger the barrels though dented and covered with rust where still well within our Brit proof limits.

This was the guns stock the picture is not all that good. You can see that there was no chequering left though you can not see the crack through the wrist and also around the lock bar's position so in all honesty it could not be re used. The piece of odd looking timber was fitted so it could be fitted in the duplicator. Its final finish was tradition oil finish with applied wax over the years to give that gentle lustre.
The one good thing was the action and lock plates had been polished so it would look good on a wall, but not over polished.

From the photographs you can see the pins (screws) are as been said "Bugged" but seeing they still do their allotted job and have been part of the gun for a hundred and fifty years my decision was not to replace them.

The pin you see in the trigger plate is a replacement only because the original was missing.
The barrels went through a lot of repair work and seeing that they where very rusty initially they have been re browned.
Also the trigger guard, hammers, and thumb leaver, where all coated in a thick layer of rust so the decision was taken to blue them rather than leave in the state they where after their de rusting.
Hopefully the restoration did not remove too much of the guns age though what it did do was give it another lease of useful life.
This restoration may not please all but it at the time suited what I thought was the minimum to bring the gun to a shootable condition. Also it was all the money I could afford, and I do feel that the restoration has stood up aesthetically well through the changes of taste over the years.

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!