One fact is for sure: migratory bird numbers in N. America are at an all time high:

1. I hear say the birds aren't in the Atlantic flyway so harvests reduced. Why is that?
2. 50 bird limits per day on white geese in W. Canada
2. The birds didn't make it that far south this year (heard it from my hunter clients from the USA many times over. That is a factor of many things but climate mostly)
3. The migratory route shifts (that is my comment because even in Alberta it shifts up to 400 miles east to west depending on feed, water, snow/freeze up line.
4. Higher license costs have no impact on hunting except for the whiners
5. In my country it is bad form not to take a limit (King Brown not sure what world of ethics you live in)
6 Yesterday I had all the birds in Calgary drop in on me in 30 minutes. Two of us shot our limit in 15 minutes. Not rubbing it in but birds here are plentiful even when the local areas are frozen.
7. As King Brown said hunting in Canada is cheap to hunt. Lots of land, small populations, rural people who live simply and a law that incriminates paying for access. God bless those who saw it fit to install that law in Canada.

What is my point? Hearing too may whiners who don't know what resources they have that others don't. Alberta was THE place to go in the 1920's for upland birds and even into to 1970's Then the Gov't dramatically reduced the number of released pheasants and southern Alberta went to hell. Small town bars and motels shut down because they were dependant on the 'no vacancy' for hunting season. Interestingly the Govt of Alberta has decided that pheasants have an economic value and over the last few years have increased the release number and increased the seasons by 2 months in most regions. But farming practises have decimated the other wild bird populations to the point many areas are shut down to upland birds. (that comment is pertaining mostly to sharp tail and greater prairie chicken)

I hear Stan and others talking up the hunting on doves and quail. I would love to live in an area that had those populations and opportunity. We have doves here but no season. Quail non existent.

Bless what you have and pray for what you don't. But whiners have no place in my world.

Last edited by Tamid; 11/16/18 12:18 AM.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.