I used to shoot skeet with a guy who was in love with the Peerless. So much so that he contacted Remington and wanted one in 20ga as soon as they came out. Never happened. One of my hunting partners has a Peerless he inherited from a good friend. From his experience with it, and from those of my skeet shooting acquaintance, who put a lot of rounds through his, they seem to be pretty reliable. Not sure why they didn't catch on.

Shot skeet yesterday with a guy who has a 3200. He doesn't shoot really high volume, and at least from the gun's exterior appearance, it doesn't look very used. But then if used only for targets (and I don't know whether he bought it new), it probably wouldn't show typical hunting wear. Anyhow, very first round, he couldn't get the gun closed on station 1. I suggested that he take off the forend, break the gun down. When he did, a piece of metal fell out. Broke off a part that sits just inside the front edge of the receiver. Not sure whether his gun has had the factory updates, or whether that might have been part of the problem. But someone did tell him that he should contact Pat Laib.

Last edited by L. Brown; 12/10/18 10:13 AM.