Agree with Stan that the Turks are getting better. That being said, a guy with whom I shoot just ordered a new CZ 28ga sxs. Sideplated gun . . . model name escapes me. Around $1,000, so you wouldn't expect the quality of a Dickinson or an SKB. I was there for the gun's maiden voyage on the skeet field. He had problems with the trigger--both heavy and creepy. It also doubled once. I let him shoot a couple targets with my Parker Repro for comparison's sake. He went back to his Citori, planning on returning the gun. At which point I left.

Got the rest of the story this morning. Someone talked him into trying the sxs again. R barrel wouldn't fire at all. Dealer is returning the gun to CZ, being replaced by a new one. I should see him at the club next Weds for the next chapter of the story. From what I've seen in the past, CZ USA does a good job of compensating for lack of consistent quality control at the factory in Turkey with good customer service. We'll see if they get it right this time. If they do, that will mean they're at least better than my experience with Savage, which couldn't get me an acceptable Fox A Grade even on the 2nd attempt.

Last edited by L. Brown; 12/20/18 08:32 AM.