Stan, the wood is pretty, indeed. But, although I didnt tell Geo this, I was hoping the gun was a bit nicked up, used, because my guns all seem to collect use marks, and I didnt want to leave the gun home, rather than use it.
It was just used enough. Im really happy to have a Holland pattern sidelock with good build quality, TO USE! I did own an actual H&H pre Royal, in the early 1990s, that didnt end well.

We had a discussion on this very board on what case these BSS sidelock guns go in, and this Airways case has imprints of a BSS sidelock in the material inside of it. That is the only type of gun it has ever held. Im confident a dealer would put a BSS sidelock in whatever case he had that it fit in, or, whatever the customer wanted.

I had an appointment with my retina surgeon today. He was astounded by my progress in healing at three months in, and told me unless I had a problem, we were all done. I was referred to as The Golden Child the day of my surgery, and was examined by three surgeons on every visit, all interested in my case, due to the fact that it happened to me at a comparatively young age, to a guy who took no medications, and had no health issues. My blood pressure was 116/67 today. They figured my healing would be rapid. Healing on an injury like this can be optional for people in their 80s.
He expects the process to take 3-6 more months, but, doubted the eye will have vision on par with where it was before. Horrific example of a detached retina. He told me to make an appointment with the optometrist for a new lens in my glasses, which I will hold off on until February. I can shoot as much as I want. I have been warned lattice exists in my right eye, and there is perhaps 10-20% chance of going through this again with that eye.
I told him I thought he was a hell of a man, and that I hoped never to see him again. He was OK with that.

Thanks again for all the good wishes. It means a lot to me.

Best,
Ted