This was a last ditch effort to keep the gun. I had been looking for a Manufrance ideal for a while and when this one came up I was thrilled, especially since it was a 20g. You usually see 12 and 16g guns. I was missing a lot of clay birds and once that happens you start looking for why. in this case you could feel it was front end light. After adding weight I was surprised how little the balance point moved but it did feel better in the hands. I was still disappointed expecting more of a shift. At the course I shot it well. All's well that ends well. I have enjoyed this discussion as I can see many have and I have learned a lot.

I think this gun does not have the weight between the hands but is unbalanced toward the rear. Whether the stock wood is too dense is a question for me but since it has the wind up sling built in it is probably not wise to mess with the stock. It works for me now and I am going to leave it the way it is.

I am not happy with the design of the safety for hunting so it will be a clays gun. I think it is too heavy for a 20g. for upland hunting anyway.

So many guns, so little time!