Miller, When I want to load a box of shells for woodcock, I run batches of 10 shells one stage at a time when I roll crimp. Last reloading bout my procedure was to preset the 10-10 and weigh powder and pour into each shell, one at a time, and immediately put a wad in the shell as a precaution to prevent double charges. When all 10 have powder and a wad, I reset the scale for the shot, weigh shot, pour in shell, and cover with OSC. When all ten are done, I roll'em up. I then repeat with 10 more shells. I don't load with other folks around and I do it in radio silence. When I loaded with a MEC progressive for ducks and doves, a mis-dumped shot charge would inevitably make a holy mess. I used to roll crimp with the crimper vertical to avoid dumping shot, but recently have crimped with the device in a horizontal position all the while handling the hull with care to avoid knocking the shot loose from the friction held OSC. I've been roll crimping about 10 years and I'm overdue for making a complete mess of things. So far, so good. Gil