I've been chewing on this for quite some time - and perhaps I am giving my response to the wrong thread.

I got upset last week by some answers here on another thread by one specific contributor - starts with nca and ends in 225
I think... (or something similar - getting old and can't remember unless I see the mssg when answering...)
Thought of answering then - but stopped myself....
But now it's enough - we don't really need this!

I have felt uncomfortable for some time with some of the contributions here, especially by 2 or 3 of the usual names - what looks like 'anti gunners' to me - or idiots who just like to stir things up.

Not being American' (but think I should be! - having worked for American airlines for a LONG time - incl. MAC flights to Vietnam in the day (Frankfurt) - and later having lived & worked in the States for a good 10 years), I have been hesitating to express my opinion on quite a number of occasions here.

Having become more anglicized in England, I apologize (hehe) for complaining - but enough is enough!

this is meant to be a 'shooting forum'? (meaning a forum for people who shoot and are interested in anything 'gun'?)

I have enjoyed my time here and thank some of the members for very useful advice. (you know who you are!)

I am a shooting man, have been for 58 of my 73 years and have competed in international shooting events around the globe, apart from doing a bit of hunting in Africa and Europe, lately only birds in the UK.

I also eat meat (some of which I have shot myself), smoke a lot of cigarettes and drink alcohol.

What I'm trying to say is that I won't be around here much anymore - if I find out how to cancel my membership here, I shall do that.

Thanks to all who gave advice and helped n other ways

Gunter
NRA Life 1974