Tisdale could make a pretty good gun if asked. Usually it seems most were for the mid to lower part of the market. I have a single shot hammer 12 of his I really enjoy. Interesting that two of his sons emigrated to Canada and moved west. One stopped in Vancouver and later became mayor of that fine city. The other couldnt resist the setting sun and boarded a steamer for New Zealand. He set himself up in the sporting goods business in Auckland and became the Cabelas of the island nation, dominating the industry. Only a few years ago the store closed so it had a very long tenure.

Tisdale guns were definitely products of the trade though he was a gun maker himself. I just dont know what his specialty was. I believe he was on Whitehall Street, only a block away from St Marys Row.

W & C Scott or Webley and Scott made or had a hand in the making of the majority of Birmingham guns along with many carrying a London address. Of course there were a few others capable of making complete guns but Scott was the dominant force.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)