Fanning seems to be using an L.C. Smith A.P. Curtis built try gun in the Recreation article. At other times, he seems to be using a Parker Curtis built try gun. Some Fanning pictures seem to include a Curtis gun in boxlock style, others in sidelock style. The Parker Curtis try gun with Fanning, pictured by a PGCA member, appears to be, in his opinion, the one in my collection. Maybe he will post those pictures here. My gun came through the Parker-Whelen gun shop on 14th Street in northwest Washington, D.C. John Hutton was the master stockmaker in that shop and took the try gun with him when he relocated after quitting his position at Parker-Whelen. It ended up with skilled gunsmith and stockmaker, Ben Toxvard at Shenandoah Guns in Berryville, Virginia. After hounding Ben to sell me the gun for many years, I finally caught him in a weak moment in about 1971, and he sold it to me to pay for a new Hardinge lathe that he had recently unpacked. It is the only Parker-Curtis try gun I have seen, but mine is marked #5. The assumption is that many try guns were restocked in normal configuration and the try stock discarded. There are also Ithaca and Lefever guns converted to try guns by A.P. Curtis.