Originally Posted By: BrentD
....those cartridges are too big, even for a 30-30, never mind a 25-20. An 86 Winchester in .38-56 or maybe 33 Win....

I think the picture is only interesting because of the conversation about it. If there was a spec. sheet attached, it would likely be a dead end.

From my seat, the comparison of the 30-30 and the examples that you recommended are bigger don't quite add up. Remember, the length of your guesses are basically the same as the 30-30. There's some bottle neck that could be taken from the picture, but those are slender cartridges in the belt loops, no big fat case heads and heavy taper from rim to neck.

Pictures of 92/94 short magazine SRC's seem to be dead ringers for the rifle in picture. While I'd lean toward 30-30's in the belt loops, I mention possibly a '92 because of a very thin profile barrel. I also think the proportions of the rifle are a little like classic scaled .410's, the trigger guard opening looks a bit oversized compared to the receiver. While that's subjective, I think the big express cartridge lever gun receivers start to overshadow a similar sized trigger opening.

Only comments for fun, as I think was the intention of the topic.