Recoil has nothing to do with pressure. It the reaction, to the shot payload being pushed down the barrel. The faster it moves down the barrel the greater the recoil. One vector is equal the other. Its velocity and payload not low enough r high pressures.

We use low pressure and lower velocity loads to reduce forces likely to cause stock failure as well as barrel failures. Modern factory loads are 10-11K psi , pushing 1 1/8 ounce at 1200-1275 FPS or 1 ounce loads being pushed at 1300 FPS. Most British doubles were made for loads more like 1 ounce 1100-1150 FPS in British proofed guns. American doubles would have seen 8-9K at 110-1200 FPS with 1 1/8 ounce shot. Our doubles are often a bit heavier made. Modern ammo has higher pressure to work semi automatic guns reliable. But that 2-3K psi is not needed in a double. And doubles work perfectly with 1100 FPS loads. Few semi automatics will.

Ive read others who claim my low pressure loads actually increase pressures near the muzzle because they peak much later. But I wonder if thats as true as much as they claim. High pressure loads generate peak pressures within the first inch and drop off from there. Can low pressure not peak within the first few inches? And would they also not drop off a rapidly as well? And from a lower peak. So I take all these pressure articles with a big grain of salt.