So it surfaces! Glad to see someone here got it. I was watching it and the lot prior to it with hopes of getting them both. This is the second time I've seen the Herkner rifle up for sale. I don't remember if it was GunBroker the first time or an auction. Do me a favor if you will. Check your bolt to see if it is a Springfield bolt or if it is an early Rock Island bolt. My theory is the bolts were switched at some point between the two rifles. My early Rock Island has a National Match bolt from the look of things and that sure looks like a straight bolt handle on yours. This is the ROCK ISLAND . I felt I saw some similarity in the schnabel treatment and wondered if they had been done by the same person. Mine is set to show up in the BBT Tuesday so I will try to get some pictures up when it arrives.

Regardless, I thought that was a nice and unique rifle the first time I saw it and your pictures convince me that it is. Congratulations.

I do wonder if Adam Herkner made the scope. The auction house mentioned he worked at Warner Swasey so that has possibilities. Did you find any marking on it?

Thaine

It ain't ignorance that does the most damage, it's knowing so derned much that ain't so! J. Billings