Damn shame- between my son-in-law and myself- we have handguns in these calibers: .22lr, 9mm Parabellum, .357M and .45ACP- and we have a Wally_World Mart here where we live, and they, up until now, had the best prices on ammo- and we target shoot a fair amount of ammo- their prices are/were better than at Cabela's since Bass-Ackwards Blow-Shops took over- Now we will have to "bite the bullet"--so to speak.

Two things on their ammo selections concern me. How do they know when I buy .22 ammo whether I'm going to fire it in one of my .22 rifles, or in my Colt MT Woodsman or Ruger No 1 Bull barrel handgun? Will they make it more of a nightmare to stop selling match target .22 ammo, but still offer the CCI mini-mags I like for squirrel and woodchucks??

How will they determine this "Short-barrel rifle" criteria? Are Ruger Mini-14's in 5.5 (.223) short barreled assault style rifles? How about other NATO rounds that also have commercial/hunting loadings-specifically the Win .308-- aka NATO 7.62X51mm. Am I going to shoot such ammo in my M70BA FW in .308Win, or in a M-14 with a 20 rd. box magazine and a selector??

They are stepping into "deep Kimshee" here. I have a CCW, but with that, the only time I "Open Carry" is with a holstered and visible handgun I am shooting on a licensed private gun range. I have never walked into: Wally_Mart, Slammin'Sammy's CLUB, Meijer Shifty Acres with an openly carried handgun, and I never will.

But Big Wally's Corporate decision to cease the over-the counter sale of such ammo that their top brass considers to be part of the Nation-Wide madness is miss-guided "head-in-the-sand" thinking. The deranged shooter from the most recent tragedy in TX was banned from legally obtaining any firearm or ammo-- that didn't seem to stop him from obtaining a weapon and ammo. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..